3.10.04

Camp 30 (part 2) by Eric Walters

I just finished Camp 30, and I liked it a lot. Last time in my head I predicted what might happen in the story, it turned out to be right. Eric Walter’s books might be a tad to predictable, but they are still good.

This is some of what happened since the last time I wrote. The two boys have become very good friends with a German army commander. Their friendship saves the two boys lives in the end! I can’t tell you more about him, because it would ruin the story. I can tell you that what happens is very exciting while it lasts.

This story also teaches a lesson, that enemies can still be your friends, no matter how evil it is what they’re doing. The enemy in this case is the German soldiers. They are the boys’ friends because they are kind to them. The soldiers were being nice to the kids because they felt safe and protected.

There is one thing that I found weird while I was reading this book. When I reached the problem part in the story, I was like “there’s only a few pages left, and the problem just got started?” I would’ve liked for there to be a bit more conflict in the story. Eric Walters writes the whole book leading up to the problem, but when you get there its over very fast, then the book is done.

I like the way the characters are portrayed in the book. They are very adventurous and risky kids. They don’t listen to the usual rules, and that’s what makes this series of books so good. They are very easygoing and kind to people. Bill is also a main character. He is the head of Camp X (from the first book). He is very knowledgeable, kind and flexible.

I highly recommend this book to you, even if you haven’t read the first one. I would rate this book an 8/10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home